Kim Whaley, Mark Handelman and Erin Cowling contributed to a newly published book called “What Next? Navigating Later Life Transitions”.
The purpose of the book is to offer insight into some of the challenges and options one may face in later life. The book is an easy read and an ideal practical resources for older adults who are planning for and makings decisions on later life. The book discusses transitions such as downsizing from the family home, the amount and level of health care you may need and when, financial and tax planning, powers of attorney, incapacity and end of life decisions as well as estate planning.
Kim, Mark and Erin contributed a chapter called: “Conundrums in Cognition: Planning for the Future”. Their chapter focuses on the importance of planning for future illness or inability to function cognitively.
The other authors who each contributed a chapter are as follows:
- Elaine Frost, Founder and President of Trusted Transitions wrote “Strategies for Later Life Transitions”
- Bev Evans, Director, Wealth Management, Richardson GMP Limited wrote “Health, Wealth and Happiness – You Can Have it All?”
- Greg Bechard, Owner, Home Instead Senior Care Mississauga wrote “Demystifying the Stages of Care”
- Deirdre Slowey, Sales Representative, Royal LePage wrote “Should I Stay or Should I Go?”
- M. Jasmine Sweatman, Senior Partner, Sweatman Law Firm, wrote “Planning Your Estate – More than Death and Taxes”
More information can be found on the book’s website: navigatinglaterlife.com