Kim is speaking together with Laura Tamblyn Watts and Nye Thomas from the Law Commission of Ontario today on Law and Aging with a review of the Law Commission of Ontario’s paper recently released on legal capacity, decision-making and guardianship.
The Law Commission of Ontario released its final report on legal capacity, decision-making and guardianship in Ontario. The final report contains the LCO’s analysis and recommendations regarding provincial legislation, policies, and practices.
- The LCO considered several important questions as follows:
- Does the system reflect contemporary law and values?
- Does the system reflect contemporary needs?
- Is the system working on the grounds?
- Are the systems’ legal protection adequate and accessible?
The findings of the LCO included an acknowledgement of the strengths and attributes of the current system as well as defining areas for concern. The final summary and recommendations and full report can be found here: