Date: Thursday, May 3, 2018 (09:00 AM-12:00 PM)
Add this event to your calendar (Downloads an .ICS file)
CPD Hour(s)*: 2 h 30 m Substantive 30 m Professionalism
Location: Giovanni Room, U of T – Chestnut Residence and Conference Centre, 89 Chestnut Street, Toronto
Marcia Green, Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
Ian Hull, C.S., Hull & Hull LLP
It’s difficult to stay on top of the rapid developments in estates and trust law, both legislative and new case law; it’s daunting to look back at what you might have missed. But you have no choice. Whether you’re a solicitor or a barrister—whether you’re advising individual clients about succession planning for their small farm, for example, or representing a large trust company—you need to keep up. Our Six-Minute format is designed to alert you to major changes provincially and is an ideal way to keep pace. Turn to our expert counsel for a comprehensive summary and analysis of legislative developments, recent case law, and best practices.
- How can you increase the odds of achieving a successful outcome in mediation?
- What are the pros and cons of certain spousal trust options?
- How can you accommodate clients with cognitive impairments?
- What special considerations apply to life insurance and RRSP beneficiary designations for minors?
- How can you avoid conflicts between the roles of estate solicitor and estate trustee?
- Jordan Atin, C.S., TEP, Atin Professional Corporation
- Clare Burns, WeirFoulds LLP
- Carol Craig, Nelligan O’Brien Payne LLP
- Justin de Vries, de VRIES LITIGATION LLP
- Brendan Donovan, Wagner Sidlofsky LLP
- Alexandra Mayeski, Mayeski Mathers LLP
- Michael Morgan, Ross & McBride LLP
- Daniel Pinnington, Vice President, Claims Prevention & Stakeholder Relations, Lawyers’ Professional Indemnity Company (LawPRO®)
- Suzana Popovic-Montag, TEP, Hull & Hull LLP
- Alexander Procope, Perez Bryan Procope LLP
- Kathleen Robichaud, Law Office of Kathleen Robichaud
- Satie Seeraj, Registrar and Supervisor of Court Opperations, Ontario Superior Court of Justice, Bankruptcy/Commercial, Estates and Assessments
- Susan Stamm, Counsel, Property Rights, Office of the Children’s Lawyer, Ministry of the Attorney General
- Debra Stephens, Firm Counsel to WEL Partners, WEL Partners
- Paul Taylor, Borden Ladner Gervais LLP
- Mary-Alice Thompson, C.S., TEP, Cunningham Swan LLP
- Jason Ward, Wards Lawyers PC
- Kimberly Whaley, C.S., TEP, WEL Partners