Evan Pernica, JD, BA, Lawyer
Evan is a lawyer at WEL Partners where he practices in all areas of estates litigation. Evan completed his Juris Doctor at The University of Ottawa Faculty of Common Law, and was called to the Ontario Bar in 2020.
Prior to joining WEL Partners in 2022, Evan practiced at a litigation firm where he gained extensive experience in wills, trusts, capacity, and estates. Evan also articled at a full-service law firm in downtown Toronto where he gained experience in trusts and estates, family law, commercial litigation, bankruptcy and insolvency, shareholder disputes, commercial real estate, and construction law.
At The University of Ottawa, Evan was the Vice-President of the Jewish Law Students Association, placed first in his class in Commercial Transactions, and graduated Cum Laude.
Latest Blog Posts
- Do Witnesses Need to Sign Every Page of a Last Will & Testament?
- Important Changes to Ontario’s Probate Application Forms
- The Costs of Success – “Winning” Isn’t Always Free
- What Happens When a Gift in a Will is Made to a Charity That No Longer Exists?
- WEL EATS - POMEGRANATE RESTAURANT
- The Admissibility of Surreptitious or Illegally Obtained Recordings