Bryan Gilmartin, BMus, JD/JD, Associate Lawyer
Bryan is an Associate Lawyer at WEL Partners. Bryan received his call to the Ontario Bar in June 2020. He first joined WEL Partners as a summer student in 2018 and completed his articles at WEL in 2019/20. Bryan completed the Dual J.D. program at the University of Windsor and the University of Detroit Mercy. Prior to law school, he obtained his Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance from the University of Toronto with honours.
During law school, Bryan completed a legal internship with Wayne County Corporation Counsel in Detroit, Michigan, and served as Chair of the Windsor Law High School Outreach Symposium Committee. He also worked with the Veterans’ law clinic and served on the executive of the Windsor Fashion Law Society.
Bryan comes by his keen interest in estate litigation honestly. Growing up, living and working at his family’s Funeral Home in a small northern Ontario community showed him the importance of dealing with all end of life matters in a professional and caring manner. He recognizes the significance of this time in the lives of clients and enjoys navigating the challenges and sensitivities that accompany this area of the law.
Latest Blog Posts
- Be Aware - "Continued and Persistent Lack of Self-Awareness" Results in Cost Consequences: Cardinal v. Perreault
- POA Weekly – Week 15: What are the Rules Respecting Privilege and Confidentiality that a Solicitor Must be Aware of?
- POA Weekly – Week 14: What are Some of the Common Power of Attorney Disasters?
- POA Weekly – Week 13: What are an Attorney’s Obligations Under the Substitute Decisions Act?
- POA Weekly – Week 12: Is a Drafting Lawyer Obligated to Assess Mental Capacity?
- POA Weekly – Week 11: What are a Lawyer’s Obligations to the Grantor of a Power of Attorney?