Bryan Gilmartin, BMus, JD/JD, Lawyer
Bryan is a Lawyer at WEL Partners. Bryan received his call to the Ontario Bar in June 2020. He first joined WEL Partners as a summer student in 2018 and completed his articles at WEL in 2019/20. Bryan completed the Dual J.D. program at the University of Windsor and the University of Detroit Mercy. Prior to law school, he obtained his Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance from the University of Toronto with honours.
During law school, Bryan completed a legal internship with Wayne County Corporation Counsel in Detroit, Michigan, and served as Chair of the Windsor Law High School Outreach Symposium Committee. He also worked with the Veterans’ law clinic and served on the executive of the Windsor Fashion Law Society.
Bryan comes by his keen interest in estate litigation honestly. Growing up, living and working at his family’s Funeral Home in a small northern Ontario community showed him the importance of dealing with all end of life matters in a professional and caring manner. He recognizes the significance of this time in the lives of clients and enjoys navigating the challenges and sensitivities that accompany this area of the law.
Latest Blog Posts
- What Remains Series #6: Is the Estate Trustee Obligated to Consider the Deceased’s Wishes?
- What Remains Series #5: What are the Limits on the Authority of an Estate Trustee?
- Supreme Court of Canada Offers Some Important Clarification On How Courts Are To Interpret Releases
- Think you can Hide Behind a Signature? Think Again! – Bayford v. Boese
- What Remains Series No 4: What are the Duties Imposed upon an Estate Trustee?
- What Remains Series– No. 3: Are There Legal Obligations to Deal with Human Remains in Ontario?