Bryan Gilmartin, BMus, JD/JD, Associate Lawyer
Bryan is an Associate Lawyer at WEL Partners. Bryan received his call to the Ontario Bar in June 2020. He first joined WEL Partners as a summer student in 2018 and completed his articles at WEL in 2019/20. Bryan completed the Dual J.D. program at the University of Windsor and the University of Detroit Mercy. Prior to law school, he obtained his Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance from the University of Toronto with honours.
During law school, Bryan completed a legal internship with Wayne County Corporation Counsel in Detroit, Michigan, and served as Chair of the Windsor Law High School Outreach Symposium Committee. He also worked with the Veterans’ law clinic and served on the executive of the Windsor Fashion Law Society.
Bryan comes by his keen interest in estate litigation honestly. Growing up, living and working at his family’s Funeral Home in a small northern Ontario community showed him the importance of dealing with all end of life matters in a professional and caring manner. He recognizes the significance of this time in the lives of clients and enjoys navigating the challenges and sensitivities that accompany this area of the law.
Latest Blog Posts
- POA Weekly – Week 11: What are a Lawyer’s Obligations to the Grantor of a Power of Attorney?
- POA Weekly – Week 10: What is the Standard of Care and Liability of an Attorney for Personal Care?
- POA Weekly – Week 9: Is an Attorney for Personal Care Entitled to Compensation?
- POA Weekly – Week 8: What are the duties and obligations of an Attorney for Personal Care and when do they arise?
- POA Weekly – Week 7: What is a Power of Attorney for Personal Care?
- POA Weekly – Week 6: What is the Standard of Care Owed by an Attorney for Property?