Bryan Gilmartin, BMus, JD/JD, Lawyer
Bryan is a Lawyer at WEL Partners. Bryan received his call to the Ontario Bar in June 2020. He first joined WEL Partners as a summer student in 2018 and completed his articles at WEL in 2019/20. Bryan completed the Dual J.D. program at the University of Windsor and the University of Detroit Mercy. Prior to law school, he obtained his Bachelor of Music in Jazz Performance from the University of Toronto with honours.
During law school, Bryan completed a legal internship with Wayne County Corporation Counsel in Detroit, Michigan, and served as Chair of the Windsor Law High School Outreach Symposium Committee. He also worked with the Veterans’ law clinic and served on the executive of the Windsor Fashion Law Society.
Bryan comes by his keen interest in estate litigation honestly. Growing up, living and working at his family’s Funeral Home in a small northern Ontario community showed him the importance of dealing with all end of life matters in a professional and caring manner. He recognizes the significance of this time in the lives of clients and enjoys navigating the challenges and sensitivities that accompany this area of the law.
Latest Blog Posts
- POA Weekly – Week 20: What is the Difference between Joint and Several Powers of Attorney and Joint Powers of Attorney?
- Even a Limitation Period has its Limits – Beaudoin Estate v. Campbellford Memorial Hospital
- POA Weekly – Week 19: Can an Attorney be Indemnified?
- POA Weekly – Week 18: What areSome Potential Jurisdictional IssuesPertaining to Powers of Attorney?
- POA Weekly – Week 17: What are “Triggering Events”?
- Uncertain Language in a Will Can Have a Major Impact on the Beneficiaries of an Estate