Matthew Rendely, BA (Hons), JD, Partner
Matthew Rendely is a Partner at WEL Partners, where he practises exclusively in the areas of wills, estates, trusts, powers of attorney, guardianship, and capacity related litigation. He is a passionate advocate for his clients.
Matthew joined WEL Partners in June 2018. Since being called to the Ontario Bar in 2015, Matthew has worked on matters at all levels of court, including the Supreme Court of Canada.
Matthew received his Bachelor of Arts with an Honours and Specialization in History at the University of Western Ontario. He then travelled to Australia, where he obtained his law degree with honours at Bond University.
Matthew recognizes the need for volunteer legal counsel. He has volunteered as duty counsel with Pro Bono Law Ontario at the Superior Court of Justice and the Small Claims Court in Ontario. Matthew also participated in the HIV & Aids Legal Clinic Ontario (HALCO) Will and Power of Attorney Clinic.
Latest Blog Posts
- To Recuse or Not to Recuse, That is the Question…
- Costs or Damages: What is an Estate Trustee’s Best Remedy for Defending Meritless Litigation
- November is 'Make a Will Month' in Ontario
- Kwok v Kwok: Is Section 3 Counsel Always Appropriate?
- Does Filing a Notice of Objection Preserve One’s Claim in a Will Challenge?
- Costs of Estate Litigation: Who Pays the Bill?
- The Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- The Advocates' Society
- Ontario Bar Association, CPD Liaison for the Elder Law Executive Committee (2020-21)